Sunday, July 25, 2010

awake and wondering...

So TD Bonnie finally arrives, or maybe it's just a thunderstorm. Either way I am up very early. The thunder and lightning is crazy!! So here I find myself in front of the computer again. I thought this would be a really good idea to raise some money to surprise my husband with a vacation for our anniversary. But I really know nothing about blogs and don't know how to get people to read them much less how to get a blog to generate money to put towards the vacation! So please post some tips! Thanks much!

I was researching some all inclusive vacation spots and Mexico seems to be the most reasonable. Probably because the airfare is cheaper. But I found a 7 day trip for 2 6 nights for around $3200. That sounds like a really good deal to me. A friend of mine said she spent around $6000 for an all inclusive last winter in Mexico. This place is couples only, so we can truly get away from all children! There is a chain of Palace hotels and we are allowed to use any of the facilities at the hotels why we are there as a guest!



I also saw right now they are offering $1500 in spending money for spa treatments, excursions, golf etc... if you book now!! How amazing would that be? I just want to show my husband that I can give him something or do something for him to show my love and appreciation for all he does for us. I am sure some of you have felt that way too. We have so much going on in our lives that I am just not sure we will ever be able to set aside and save for a vacation. If anyone has been to the Sun Palace Resort in Cancun Mexico, please let me know what your experience was!



My husband and I never had a honeymoon. So this would be a 5 year anniversary/honeymoon in one! we got back together in May 2005. I had my own house with my children one town over. He had his house. When we got home mine was a slab and his had over 6 feet of water. So we decided to get married and rebuild 1 house! There were no churches in town and really very few places to actually have a wedding but we found 1 place willing to do it! The old Bay City Grill!



So we had a Mardi Gras themed wedding. Pulled everything together (liquor included) for under $3000!! I had King Cakes for my wedding cakes! :) It was beautiful and I had almost everyone there that mattered, but my older sister was unable to attend.

So I have this amazing husband and I want to do something amazing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment