Friday, September 17, 2010

Walmart and price matching

Ok I am really desperate for a good grocery store to open in town!  Preferably one that doubles coupons!!  This price matching can take a toll on you mentally!  I went to Walmart and saved $33.25 by price matching the 4 stores in surrounding cities ads, and saved $11.99 in coupons.  So grand total savings today = $45.24.  I got $151.39 in groceries for $106.15.  I like that!! 

I only bought food (no paper products or toiletries) and my freezer is busting at the seams with pork!!  Let me tell you there is a lot of pig slaughtering going on because pork is super cheap right now.  I have probably enough pork, chicken, fish, ground beef and 1 chuck roast to last me 40-50 dinners.  The only way I am buying meat for the next 2 weeks is if they are practically giving it away free.  Or if they have a great deal on beef roasts or steaks!  I would like a few of those! 

Oh and by the way, if you shop at Walmart for groceries, does your Walmart take BOGO computer printed coupons?  Mine doesn't.  :(  Now I need to find somewhere to go to use these 4 coupons they wouldn't let me use tonight.  Very upset.  The coupons say "Smart Source" right on the bottom, I don't see the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment