Sunday, September 19, 2010

What happened to my Sunday paper??

My paper was a huge disappointment.  There were 2 inserts but the Red Plum had only a couple small coupons.  Nothing spectacular to make it worth my time really.  And certainly not worth the $6 I just paid for newspapers.  There were 4 ads in the entire paper.  FOUR.  Seriously.   1 Rite Aid, KMart, Best Buy and JC Penny.  That's it.  In the entire paper.  I looked through all 4 thinking maybe the ads fell out or something.  But all 4 were exactly the same.  Bare.    Not even a Walgreens or CVS ad.  What is up with that?  Their sales change today.  Why don't they have their insert in the paper?  Not the way I want to start my Sunday morning. 

Last night around 10 pm, my husband's phone rang.  He was in the living room and had fallen asleep on the couch.  I looked at the screen and it said Trevor (work).  So I ignored it and rolled back to my side of the bed.  He is friendly with the guys at work.  Sometimes they golf and fish together so I was thinking it could be that.  But in the back of my mind I kind of thought there was an ER at work and they were calling him in.  Well 3 minutes later that thought was confirmed when his phone rang again.  I rolled over and ignored it.  For a few reasons really... 1 - its not my phone.  (lame I know)  2 - it was 10 pm and Sam was sleeping.  He took Nyquil and was in no shape to operate heavy equipment.  3 - I don't want him working a night shift anyway.  That means they would send him home after 12-16 hours to sleep and I do not want to walk around on eggshells trying to be quiet all day so he can sleep.

Well I woke up around 5 am and Sam said work had called around midnight (I didn't hear that call) and needed him to come in.  (I failed to mention they called twice before that and I ignored them) He told them he couldn't make it til morning due to the Nyquil but would be there at 6 am.  5:30 am the a$$hole boss called again.  Cripes he is coming!!!  CALM DOWN!!!  They act like they own their employees.  I mean OT is awesome.  But once he is there they really do own him.  I may not see him again for a few weeks.  When the plant goes down its a nightmare.  Plus they were about to do a shut down anyway to clean lines etc... and that's a mandatory 12-16 hour days 7 days a week for up to 8 weeks!!  Always nice before Christmas, but I never see my husband and I am a single mom for a month or 2.   Thank you to my wonderful husband for being such an amazing husband, daddy and provider!  I know it's not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment