Monday, August 23, 2010

Last minute run to the drugstores...

Ok so my husband was so excited that I said I would get him a different cereal ... I grabbed the $10 and ran.  I had no plan at all.  I remembered seeing a couple good buys online, but none were true for my Walmart.  :(  I went to Walgreens.  I remembered they had 2/$5 Kelloggs.  So here is my story for tonight...

(Pooh ate the oreo cakes and the toothbrushes are hard to see against the cereal, but they are there)

So I spent $ 10.77 and saved $38.59!
at Walgreens I spent $8.21 and saved $25.89

transaction #1
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - $2.50 (sale price)
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - $2.50

used $1.50 off 2 Kellogg's cereals coupon

total $3.50
earned $2 register reward
(OOP - $3.38)

transaction $2
Crest 3D Vivid White toothpaste - $3.00
Oral B vivid white toothbrush - $3.00
Oral B vivid white toothbrush - $3.00 (these were on sale 3 for $9)

used BOGO free Oral B toothbrush coupon
$0.75 off Oral B toothbrush cpn
$2 register reward (from previous transaction)
(and I used all my crest coupons last week dangit but you can use a crest coupon here too)

total - $3.25
earned $4.00 register rewards
(OOP - $3.88 w/ tax)


transaction #3
Nivea women's body wash - $5.99 - store sale - BOGO free!
Nivea women's body wash - $0.00
Oreo cake cookies - $1.19
(because I promised Kaila a treat and I needed $1.01 to make up the difference with the coupons - Walgreen's will not pay me overage, you have to use the entire amount)


used $3.00 off 2 Nivea Body washes
used $4 register reward from previous transaction

total - $0.19
(OOP - $0.68 with tax)

PLUS I EARNED 3 MORE ENTRIES INTO THE AUGUST $3000 DRAWING!!
_______________________________________________________

Rite Aid

I spent $2.56 and saved $12.70

This one is less complicated ... I really just went in for the free jello and almost free chocolate. It's getting close to the end of the month and I don't want to lose out on the valuable coupons.


transaction #1
4 Royal jellos - 4/$1

total - $1.
earned $1 +up
(OOP = $1.07 w/tax)



Transaction #2
4 Royal jellos - 4/$1

total - $1
earned $1 +up
(OOP = $1.07)



Transaction #3

2 bags of Dove chocolate candy - 2/$6 (sale)
used (2) $1 off 1 bag of Dove chocolate (manufacturer cpns)
1 Rite Aid video value coupon $1.50 off 2 bags of Dove chocolate
my 2 +up rewards I earned from the jello

total should have been $0.50 but they didnt charge me anything but tax... I didn't even notice it until I sat down right now that they messed up my coupons. I had $5.50 in coupons and rewards and they gave me $6 somehow??

anyway...
OOP - $0.42 (BUT SHOULD HAVE BEEN $0.92)
plus I earned $1.00 +up at my next visit!

AND EARNED 2 MORE ENTRIES INTO THE $10,000 DRAWING ON SEPTEMBER 17TH! 

See what happens, Sam, when you give me $10 for cereal??  Because He buys almost $4 a box cereal so $10 would have covered the cereal with a little pocket change left over... but look what I brought home for $10 and some change!!!  So happy I found out about couponing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment