Thursday, August 26, 2010

Saved big on Meat

So we all know Walmart price matches and it's the only store in town.  I do not want to drive to 3 other stores over 20 miles away with milk, tea, meat, eggs etc... in 100 degree weather all the way home.  I know I can put it in a cooler, but I don't trust it.  So today I ran to Walmart to grab those things before I go to Food Giant tomorrow to double coupon.  I did good.  I shopped to use some and keep some.  We wont be eating all this meat up in the next week or 2.  I only took a picture of the things I price matched.  Milk, eggs, tea etc... went straight into the refrigerator.  And the couple of packs of meat I didn't price match went into the freezer along with the french fries my husband had to have tonight with the fish he caught and is about to fry up! 




Walmart price matches


Chuck roast 2.92 lbs @ $3.98/lb = $11.62
price matched at Food Giant for $1.98/lb = $5.78

Chuck roast 3.08 lbs @ $3.98/lb = $12.26
price matched at Food Giant for $1.98/lb = $6.10

Center cut pork chops 4.20 lbs @ $3.98/ lb = $16.72
price matched at Food Giant for $2.18/lb = $9.16

Center cut pork chops 3.89 lbs @ $3.98/ lb = $15.48
price matched at Food Giant for $2.18/lb = $8.48

Country style pork ribs 2.57 lbs @ $2.98/lb = $7.65
price matched at Rouses for $1.55/lb = $3.98

Country style pork ribs 2.71 lbs @ $2.98/lb = $8.07
price matched at Rouses for $1.55/lb = $4.20

Country style pork ribs 2.43 lbs @ $2.98/lb = $7.24
price matched at Rouses for $1.55/lb = $3.77


Total before price matching = $79.04
Total after price matching = $41.47

SAVINGS =  $37.57

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine on facebook (and in real life... I mean a really really good friend from the high school years) said to me "OMG you buy your meat at Walmart?" It sort of made me feel bad. Like I was poisoning my family or something. I mean I dont prefer Walmart, but really because the selection is limited and the cuts arent great... not because I have ever gotten bad meat there. I dont know it just sort of pushed my button when she said that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft meat is meat when you get it that cheep! it all does USDA standards right! I don't shop at walmart at all, Target girl here But to me it's all the same if you can get it for a good price!

    ReplyDelete